As a Sr. Licensed Vocational Nurse in the Family Health Center, you will provide clinical assistance and work alongside a multi-specialty group practice of health care professionals that includes experienced licensed physicians, pharmacist, psychologist and trainees (medical students, advanced practice nurse students, residents and fellows) in the following disciplines: Family Medicine, Addiction Medicine, Pain Medicine, Palliative Medicine, Pharmacy, Psychiatry, Psychology and Sports Medicine.
Join the team and expand your skills and knowledge at UCLA Health!
*Your schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8:15am-5:15pm during the first 2 months of training.
- Possess license issued by the State of CA Board of Vocational Nurse Examiners
- Possession of CPR certification/BCLS through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Possession EKG, Phlebotomy and IV certification
- Ability to accurately perform and document vital signs and anthropometric measures
- Competency in administering medications
- Ability to recognize abnormal vital signs
- Ability to recognize abnormal laboratory values and immediately report to the ordering providing and attending physician
- Knowledge of symptomatology of common and or life threatening medical problem
- Embrace a humble and respectful attitude toward others’ cultures and perspectives to fostering a supportive workplace and clinical environment
- Actively engage in promoting greater inclusion
- Perform phlebotomy, CPR, injections and other skills within scope of practice
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and ability to use computerized patient care systems
- Knowledge of all instruments and supplies to assist providers to efficiently perform physical examinations and/or procedures
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Knowledge of cultural competency
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: