Make a significant contribution to enhancing the image of a world-class health organization. Help continually elevate the visibility and reputation of a visionary health care leader. Take your professional expertise to the next level. You can do all this and more at UCLA Health.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Communications, you will direct internal communications strategies, programs and policies to ensure consistent, high-quality messaging across owned channels. You will sync communication efforts with ongoing communications strategies while making content assets more effective and efficient. This involves managing existing communications systems, platforms and media to build brand awareness, enhance our reputation and align our messages. As the principle internal communications editor, you will assure content, messages and design reflect UCLA Health’s voice and brand standards. You will serve leadership as a content creator for articles, letters, blogs and columns. You will also serve as a strategic partner to internal stakeholders, providing real-time guidance, building relationships and gathering insights. Responsible for the creation and dissemination of communication plans, cascading communications and leading command center internal communications. Additional duties include staff and project management as well as oversight of design, production, photography, videography, printing and distribution for patient and customer communications.
- We’re seeking a flexible, proactive, results-driven individual with:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- A minimum of five years of corporate communications experience, preferably in a large and complex health care environment.
- The ability to write and edit copy in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Previous public relations and media relations experience.
- Strong editorial skills and experience with AP.
- Ability to translate health and science information to the general public.
- Background utilizing multiple social media platforms for a professional organization.
- Excellent communication, organization, planning, management and interpersonal skills.
- Proven sound judgment, intellectual curiosity and strategic thinking.
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles. As the home to the David Geffen School of Medicine as well as the source of breakthrough research, we are Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care as well as an international destination for the finest in medical treatment. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, you can at UCLA Health.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: