A Fleet Mechanic A is responsible for the repair, maintenance and overhaul of fleet diesel equipment within the Reyes Holdings family of businesses. An A level Mechanic may run a fleet shop in absence of a Fleet Shop Manager or Lead Mechanic. Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, the Reyes Fleet Management team works with the companies to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees’ use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Diagnose, rebuild and repair fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units).
- Complete preventative maintenance of fleet diesel equipment.
- Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset Management system.
- May be required to operate a company vehicle to diagnose and repair equipment as part of a road-side service call.
- May participate in regular meetings with customer.
- Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as “roadworthy”.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam)
- Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations.
- Train other employees, act as a mentor.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of two years related experience.
- Must possess own tools.
- Valid Driver’s License to operate applicable company vehicles
- Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations.
- Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop computer.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records.
- Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 100 pounds.
- Some travel may be required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- ASE Certifications (Including Master-T).
- Trade school diploma or certification.
- Commercial Driver’s License.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: