Compass Group USA
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
The Executive Chef will be responsible in managing the daily operations of the kitchen area, implement production process, menu planning, catering, manage food cost, labor cost and have overall understanding of HACCP. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience supervising and supporting production functions of the kitchen employees, ability to motivate staff and to continually improve performance.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- Provides leadership in culinary production, operations and procurement.
- Plans menus for daily food service operations.
- Develops culinary team members through appropriate coaching, training and mentoring.
- Maintains compliance standards for meal service, food quality and task performance.
- Performs daily audits of safety, sanitation, food quality, meal delivery at point of service, and quality standards to optimize financial and operational productivity.
- Oversees managers in a diverse environment; establishes and maintains effective client and resident relations.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2-5 years related experience as an Executive Chef or Chef Supervisor or equivalent level.
- An undergraduate degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management is highly desirable; having completed the Certified Dietary Management program preferred.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers unlimited growth opportunities and rewards achievements.
- Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying.
About Compass Group:
Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 254121
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: